My Dad Elias Emanuel Curiel: A Good Man




Thinking about your father what memories do you recall? One way to learn more about yourself is to think back on your father's character. I enjoy doing this because my dad was a unique blend of discipline with a lovely sense of humor. He was a quiet, private man. I always loved to hear him laugh. It kind of told me that everything was secure.

I experienced my Dad look after his mother- he used to visit my Grandma Mai everyday. A great example of 'honor thy parents'. Most important, he taught me about character. He did what was right, even when no one was looking. I never heard him lie, and his eyes always asked the same truth in return. My Dad Elias is now resting in peace in the arms of The heavenly Father, but the mental image of his character still energizes my life everyday.

The lesson for today is: In what ways do you hope to influence your children? How does your life match up to the ideals and values of the learnings we receive daily from our Heavenly Father?

Pray: Dear God, grant me the serenity, the strength and wisdom to be a godly parent. Amen.



No comments: